Gusto Wine Tours at your service!
We are Mark and Giselle and we’ve been living in Italy for several years now. In that time we have acquired a deep passion for the Italian wines with their regional differences along with their never-ending variety and flavours. Coming from England where the majority of wines are imported from France, we were absolutely bowled over by the Italian wines!
We fell in love with their approachability, diversity, quality and value.
Our reviews reflect our passion for this beautiful wine region!
We’ve had many friends and family come and visit us over the years and every time they visited we took them for tastings at the local wineries.
They all said that we should do this for a living, so finally, we did… In 2010 Gusto Wine Tours was born!
Award-Winning Wine Tours in the Umbrian countryside!
Our speciality is small and ‘non-touristy’ wine tours. Normally, except sometimes during the harvest, you can expect the personal attention of the wine-makers themselves. You are usually the only group at the winery at the time for that exclusive feel! Couple this with practically empty roads and beautiful Umbrian countryside and you will truly appreciate that this isn’t a conveyor-belt experience but a real local one.
You will learn about and try truly spectacular Umbrian wines.
A Day With Gusto Wine Tours includes:
- Meeting the winemakers of small family-run wineries
- Tasting the fabulous local wines with light snacks to complement them
- Discover the spectacular Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG wine
- Touring at least one of the wineries, seeing the barrel rooms and learning the process from harvest to bottle
- Enjoying a memorable Umbrian lunch in the countryside with fresh local produce and, of course, local wines
- Relax and be driven from winery to winery, taking in the gorgeous scenery along the way
- Take a stroll in the vines, if the weather permits
- Come and see for yourselves why we have won the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 8 years in a row!
We’d be delighted if you joined us!
Depending on the time of year, you could get to see the grape harvest (Vendemmia). You could get to see the crushing of the grapes or the surprisingly interesting bottling process at these small wineries. You might even be able to participate in the Vendemmia at one of the vineyards!
To all our UK compatriots…
When you are planning your holiday and Gusto Wine Tour in Umbria, don’t forget that Ryanair flies direct from Stansted Airport to San Egidio (Perugia) in Umbria.
Then take a look at all the lovely places to stay we have listed in our Sleeps & Eats.
Also – Don’t forget we are an easy train ride away from Rome – perfect for a day trip to Umbrian wine country! Contact Giselle for details and to book your Gusto Wine Tour!